Tuesday, January 31, 2006

All about Karmyn...


Ahoy-hoy! I'm Karmyn, and I'm glad you stopped by! Would you like some tea?

I am the Canadian import of the group, although I've been in the good ol' U S of A since summer of 2005, when me and my crazy yankee doodle artist fella got hitched. I s'pose it's only appropriate that I fell in love with a musician/artist/eccentric type! My son and I moved to Blueberryville (note: not the real name, but an accurate reflection of what's here), New Jersey and were very excited to start life anew, and I have never looked back! I am 35 years old, I wear knee-socks and don faux-hawks, and I have tattoos and piercings. Quite simply, I refuse to grow up.

My artistic style started out very clean sometime in mid- to late 2006, influenced by a close friend in England who makes very simple, elegant, traditional cards. Since then, I'll try just about anything, and I love to play with new products and new techniques. Only within the last year have I gotten into busying things up and ridin' the boogie, trying to keep things looking fresh and funky.

The hubbin/cheeseburger/turkopuff/floopy/love of my life and I are in a band, trying to break out of the local and indie circuit to get rich and famous and do cutesy little ditties for ice cream commercials. He's the brilliant writer, and I, as the eccentric, somewhat glammy Leah L'Orange, contribute some vocals, light percussion, and a splash of silliness to our live shows.

I work from home (WOOT!) for an awesome company that sells software (you name it, we've got it!) to schools, students and non-profits at sweet discounts. I am obsessed with the colour ORANGE, I am a big music junkie, with special affection for retro/new-wave and minimalistic indie. I am a giant film snob, loving the foreign and horror/splat flicks. I am quite content in my little house with my sweet hubbin, feisty son, and lovey senior kitty-cat (Ophelia, lovingly known as Miss O), and I absolutely LOVE playing with my girlies at The Shoe!

Come visit my blog, The Chronicles of Orange, and feel free to check out the band, yearlongday! I also welcome new friends and feedback, so all comments and followers welcome! Thanks for checkin' out my bidnizz, and I hope you'll be back! :D

No comments: